Lip Balm or Lip Gloss?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since both can have moisturizing and beneficial properties, I'm trying to decide if I should switch to selling gloss. Oddly, it seems much easier to find gloss containers and colors than it is for balms. People that used to sell balm containers seem to have mostly stopped so every time I order, I have to find a new supplier. What do you think?

I asked my twenty-something daughters what they thought.
Aura: hmm... That could work
Omni..... Oh, I would definitely try that!
Thank you. :) lol That's adorable. Probably because I'm now 48 and anyone in their 20's just seems cute these days. Ugg, no wonder my 75 year old dad always calls me kid.

I sell lip balm and I tried selling lip gloss.... I'll stick with the lip balm. And, as much as I like the look of lip gloss, I prefer using lip balm. I feel like it's more beneficial, less drying. I have two fantastic recipes, my standard lip balm and an overnight lip balm and both have been very popular. I tried making lip balms for one season and I still have more than half left of what I made. YMMV though.

Back