Let the fall soaping begin!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahutchins9

Reaction score
2013-08-10 15.16.04.jpg

First of my Fall/Halloween soaps
Left is Witches Brew. Blend of Vanilla/15x Orange EO/Patchouli
Right is Voodoo Love Child. Blend of Dragons Blood/Patchouli/Ylang Ylang

This will be the first time using them however they are all supposed to be stickers so I am hopeful :)

I like the witch's brew soap and the blend sounds like a good one!

Those are great! I am sooooo ready for fall, although we have been having cooler than normal temps here in the Midwest. Your blend of dragon's blood/patchouli and ylang ylang sounds intriguing to me. I have a bunch of EO's I am just not sure how to combine them to make an awesome scent. I did a soap yesterday with bergamont and citrus...talk about boring!!! I bought a few books on Amazon, just have to get the time to go through them.

I just made a sweet potato soap with melted soap curls on top to look like sweet potato casserole! The sweet potato and brown sugar for smells amazing too. :)

Cut this one this morning. Fragranced with AHRE Sweet Pumpkin and colored with pumpkin puree and copper mica :)

2013-08-13 06.37.11.jpg

Oak Barrel Cider from AHRE. I LOVE THIS SCENT!!!!!!!! According to soap scent review board it loses a bit of the apple so I added a touch of their Macintosh Apple to help save it a little. Spicy scent but doesn't smell just of cinnamon and cloves. The oak comes through nicely as well. Husband smelled it last night and said it smelled just like fall to him
icon_smile.gif
Also discolors to tan so I colored the bottom with yellow trying to get a goldenish brown cider color ( fingers crossed! ) and colored the top with merlot mica to get a rustic reddish brown. Did a copper mica pencil line and copper mica sprinkled on top for a cinnamon feel. Compared to all the swirly soaps I have been doing lately this seems very plain to me but happy with the way it turned out.

2013-08-14 07.01.53.jpg

Love 'em both! The oak cider FO mix sounds nice. Does the Macintosh Apple FO discolor too? I've got to start planning mine!!!

love them! there is just something very special that sets black soaps apart from the rest! nice job on the oak apple & pumpkin, too...you've gotten me in the "mood for fall!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back