Lemon Slice and Passionfruit and Guava

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KylieO

Reaction score
Here are my latest soaps. Not really what I had planned but I'm happy still

Lemon Slice

DSCN0730.jpg

Passionfruit and Guava

DSCN0731.jpg

[/img]

Love both of them Kylie, can I have a bite ? of the lemon slice. The pas/guava has great colours in it. I'd be happy :) ,if you don't want them I'll find a home :wink: .

you girls are too kind :) i love getting compliments from such fab soap makers

when i got pg with my 2nd son i joined a forum for mums expecting at the same time. these 'babies' are turning 2 this October-ish. Anyway, I've been giving my soaps to some of the Mums from the birth club and 3 different little ones have taken bites of my soaps! LOL and yep, my hubby is upset these fab goods are coming out of the kitchen but can not be eaten hehehehehehe

air pockets, ash, and not having the patience to wait to cut are my current issues (on top of not having enough time, space and $ to soap)

Bubbles Galore said:
They look delicious but yes, you need to wait a bit longer before unmoulding and slicing. :wink:

i'm getting better, but OMG, it's a killer! LOL the latest effort is in the fridge for 24 hrs, out of fridge for 24 hrs, un-mould, then cut 24 hrs after that. for me that was really good lol. but next time i will really try and wait 48hrs after un-moulding. the thought of waiting 72 hrs makes me gasp!

They look really nice to me.

If you chill your soap before cutting, it will be firmer. Or you could try a water discount in your recipe.

Stunning Kylie!

I want Lemon Meringue pie now! Can we ask what you used to get your gorgeous lemon colours, and dare I ask... the white? *cringes* LoL ;)

I too, suffer from severe impatience. I do appreciate how waiting does make a difference, and I'm trying my hardest to leave molded for 24hrs+, and I even try to wait until day 2 or 3 before cutting. It's hard!

thanks all, again, i LOVE getting compliments on my soap lol

Dotty, the yellow is pop mica, so is the pink, purple and orange in the passionfruit and guava. the white, didn't turn out as white as i'd hoped, but, it's half tsp of TD, mixed in, really well, with about a tsp of oils from the batch prior to mixing with the lye. i then added about 500 mls of soap batter, the coconut FO, one quick wizz with the SB then a good hand mix, cause like you, i've found it to accelerate. i suspect the FO has a lot to do with it too though, as this one didn't accelerate as much as the other batch i did with TD.

but yep, still getting the white right too lol

KylieO said:
i'm getting better, but OMG, it's a killer! LOL the latest effort is in the fridge for 24 hrs, out of fridge for 24 hrs, un-mould, then cut 24 hrs after that. for me that was really good lol. but next time i will really try and wait 48hrs after un-moulding. the thought of waiting 72 hrs makes me gasp!

Kylie, they look really nice and creamy! I especially love that lemon one, I wanna bite it :)
I'm totally feelin' ya on the impatience, but I sure do love when its finally time to cut!

thanks again all!

Dotty, i'll happily take your pie and save your thighs :)

Latest posts

Back