Label Application

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips and tricks on how to better apply my clear labels. I'm doing them by hand and at first I was getting lots of tiny air bubbles, especially on the smaller containers. I started using a squeegee and its better. However, I still get some air bubbles and/or lifting after the containers sit for a while. On occasion with the larger wrap around labels I have had creasing. Does anyone else use clear labels? I've started looking at label applicator machines, but then I would have to get custom roll labels which is costly. Any feedback is welcome. Thanx

Attachments

• squeegee.jpg
    squeegee.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 0
  • butter.jpg
    butter.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 0
you have very nice labels 😍 Where do you have them printed?
thank you. i have them printed at work, on a laser printer, i'm a designer at a printshop so it has come in handy. the labels are from online labels, i use clear gloss or weatherproof polyester. the polyester was easier to apply but a different look as its white.

it actually seems to go better if i peel the label ooff completely and work from the middle out. thanx
That is what I was going to suggest, it's how I apply my candle labels.

I have found that sometimes, reducing the vertical size of the label can help with buckling and bubbling. I believe its because the very top and bottom of a vessel can differ ever so slightly in circumference -- I image it makes the manufacturing process easier. I find when I have a label that uses almost the entire surface area of the vessel from top to bottom, I get buckling.

If you can, maybe try reducing the height of your label by a noticeable amount, like 20%; this way, you're concentrating the label in the most consistently sized area of the vessel.

Latest posts

Back