Kind of a weird question about moulds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, it was just an online website ~ and I was browsing while work was moving slow. I managed a few screenshots but didn't get the link ~ I apologize. I did get excited when I saw 2 and 4 oz sizes and the one with 2 parts ~ would that one release the soap any better? @dibbles
I really can't say - as I mentioned, I only ever used the molds for M&P. I would often have to put them in the freezer for a little while to help get the soaps out. They did release pretty well then. Once I started making CP soap, I don't think I ever used them.

I really can't say - as I mentioned, I only ever used the molds for M&P. I would often have to put them in the freezer for a little while to help get the soaps out. They did release pretty well then. Once I started making CP soap, I don't think I ever used them.
Okie dokie ~ I was excited to find that shape though!

If they are the clear plastic, you can use them for CP if you soap at room temp and don't CPOP. Like @dibbles said, the big issue tends to be getting the soap out. Besides the freezer trick (my personal fave), you can also lightly grease them with mineral oil, which doesn't saponify and acts as a mold release.

If they are the clear plastic, you can use them for CP if you soap at room temp and don't CPOP. Like @dibbles said, the big issue tends to be getting the soap out. Besides the freezer trick (my personal fave), you can also lightly grease them with mineral oil, which doesn't saponify and acts as a mold release.
I don't remember if they were white or clear plastic, but they were definitely heavier/sturdier than the more commonly seen Milky Way molds.

Back