Just some guy's soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@justsomeguy , thank you for the comparisons! I'd say that ZNSC looks pretty much like mine, mine might be a teeny bit yellower. I use Extra virgin OO, so maybe that's why. But, I feel better that I'm not just imagining that I'm the only one that doesn't get WHITE ZNSC.
The HO sunflower is definitely lighter, and the coconut, well, can't get much whiter! Or can it?

@justsomeguy , thank you for the comparisons! I'd say that ZNSC looks pretty much like mine, mine might be a teeny bit yellower. I use Extra virgin OO, so maybe that's why. But, I feel better that I'm not just imagining that I'm the only one that doesn't get WHITE ZNSC.
The HO sunflower is definitely lighter, and the coconut, well, can't get much whiter! Or can it?
No, the coconut doesn't get any whiter

2nd attempt at dragon's blood. This time with purple in the majority (it looks blue right now 🤯) and red in the minority. High oleic sunflower oil with ZCS, sodium gluconate, sorbitol, and Zany's faux seawater.

I added some HDPE slabs to shrink the mold size to 12x12.75. 🤞🏿 the purple shows up

1000016501.jpg

The soap overheated when I attempted to CPOP it😭 Look at the oil seepage!
1000016507.jpg

So I propped it up on tomato sauce cans and let it do it's things. It's still zappy. But that'll pass with time. The dragon's blood fragrance is non existent right now. 🤞🏿 It appears😬

So, there was some good news with the new molds. Perfect rectangle. Easy to remove the soap from the silicone. And some bad news. Silicone rash from overheating. And I need to put 4 holes in the bottom of box because getting the mold out required disassembly🤯

But, I got 4 perfect 3" loaves and 52 3x3x1 bars (I dropped a few) 😍

The new-to-me slab cutter is awesome!

1000016510.jpg
1000016511.jpg

Last edited:
Back