Issue with Soap Seizing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced your CP soap seizing due to palm oil? I have used the Royalty soap recipe for several batches with no problems, but recently changed to a different brand of palm oil and my last 4-5 batches have all gone to trace immediately and I've ended up with soap on a stick. I can't think of anything else that's changed. Next batch will be without that palm oil (I kinda hope it's not the problem because I have about three pounds of it left).

Is it possible that the container of palm oil is old, or perhaps oxidized from being stored in a warmer area, or in sunlight?

If so, that will definitely accelerate your soap batter.

Is it possible that the container of palm oil is old, or perhaps oxidized from being stored in a warmer area, or in sunlight?

If so, that will definitely accelerate your soap batter.
I haven’t had it long, a couple months, but don’t know how old it was before that. I ordered it off the world wide internets, but I don’t think it was from one of the known good suppliers. It was subjected to some fairly warm temps for a couple of weeks until I moved it. Probably a combination of all those things. I’ll go back to the more-expensive-but-worth-it-in-the-long-run-providers. Sometimes it is all about “you get what you pay for”.

Latest posts

Back