In need of lye ASAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theladyfarmer

Reaction score
I had to make a batch of soap today to stay on schedule and unfortunately I forgot I ran out of LYE. Does anyone know of a store in Northern NJ that sells LYE?

Do you have a Walmart near there? Walmart has it. It's always in stock at my local Walmart. I also have a small Mom and pops kind of hardware everything type of store and he sells the same lie as walmart. Labeled his drain cleaner. Instant power Crystal lye drain opener 100% lie

Do you have a Walmart near there? Walmart has it. It's always in stock at my local Walmart. I also have a small Mom and pops kind of hardware everything type of store and he sells the same lie as walmart. Labeled his drain cleaner. Instant power Crystal lye drain opener 100% lie
Is this it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240821_105713_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_105713_Samsung Internet.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 0
Agreed, I've gotten good lye at Wally World and at Lowe's. The key is that 100% lye statement, because if it's called 'Drain Cleaner' it likely will have lye but also various metals and other activators that would not play well with your fats.

Back