I finally made some soap :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaeRae

Reaction score
After months of reading I finally got the courage to make my first batch :D I definatly learnt A LOT from reading this forum !! First batch was on Saturday evening which was a coconut milk soap.... Couldnt refrain much longer so on Monday I made another 3 :shock: addicted much :oops: Batch 2 was a beer soap (FO drakkar) ... Batch 3 a different coconut milk soap (FO warm vanilla sugar..yummm) and batch 4 was a shaving soap using bentonite clay....
Now unfortunatly I have to wait 2 weeks for hubby to come home so I can do some more :wink: He helps to keep the kids and animals away from me..... I would post some pics but have to learn how to first...... :oops:

welcome to th addiction! did you hp(hot process) or cp (cold process)?

I did CP for all 4....
I only gelled the shaving soap.. the other ones were put into the fridge... I cant wait to use them !! :lol:

RaeRae said:
After months of reading I finally got the courage to make my first batch :D I definatly learnt A LOT from reading this forum !! First batch was on Saturday evening which was a coconut milk soap.... Couldnt refrain much longer so on Monday I made another 3 :shock: addicted much :oops: Batch 2 was a beer soap (FO drakkar) ... Batch 3 a different coconut milk soap (FO warm vanilla sugar..yummm) and batch 4 was a shaving soap using bentonite clay....
Now unfortunatly I have to wait 2 weeks for hubby to come home so I can do some more :wink: He helps to keep the kids and animals away from me..... I would post some pics but have to learn how to first...... :oops:

I'm so impressed by your first try! I was a wimp with my first batch and did it unscented and uncolored.

I just made coconut milk soap and scorched the milk. :cry: And I still haven't tried clay in soap. BTW, beer soap is very popular around here. I don't know if it's because the beer adds something special to the soap or just because friends and family like saying they wash with beer soap. :lol:

I'd say you are definitely addicted and I really want to see your pics. :D

Uh oh....pretty soon you'll be ordering oils by the barrel! Couldn't stop now if I wanted to. Hope you enjoy soaping as much as the rest of us do! :D Post pics when you can. I'm interested in your experience with Drakkar...whether it gets dark in a couple of weeks and if you're happy with it. Congrats on your batches!!

Hopefully this works (fingers crossed) :D
Coconut Milk soap (batch 1)

Beer soap Drakkar FO (batch 2)

Coconut milk soap Warm vanilla sugar FO (batch 3)

Shaving soap Saffron & Honey FO (batch 4)

Sorry the photos are crappy... DH has my camera away at work with him for 2 weeks... All I had was a mobile phone....

Yes am definatly planning more... Want to try guinness next :D I hope drakkar does change to a darker brown as it is for the guys...
Wine soap has crossed my mind but not sure if I can part with a bottle for soaping hmmmmmm :lol: might have to go buy a cheaper bottle :wink:

Hazel said:
I'm so impressed by your first try! I was a wimp with my first batch and did it unscented and uncolored.

I just made coconut milk soap and scorched the milk. :cry: And I still haven't tried clay in soap. BTW, beer soap is very popular around here. I don't know if it's because the beer adds something special to the soap or just because friends and family like saying they wash with beer soap. :lol:

I'd say you are definitely addicted and I really want to see your pics. :D

I did jump in head on :oops: i used half frozen coconut milk and half chilled from the fridge.. I would say being winter and very cold helped too !! The mix barely even heated up... The beer soap definatly does have a huge appeal to it from the guys... DH and brother in law can not wait to use it !! :lol:

Thank you all for your kind comments :lol: Hopefully I will one day be making soap that looks as beautiful as the pics I have seen on the forum !!!! 8)

RaeRae said:
I did jump in head on :oops: i used half frozen coconut milk and half chilled from the fridge.. I would say being winter and very cold helped too !!

Thank you all for your kind comments :lol: Hopefully I will one day be making soap that looks as beautiful as the pics I have seen on the forum !!!! 8)

You must also be in the Southern hemisphere then. We are expecting -5 degrees tonight. It is f.f.f.f.reezing. I pity the poor soccer fans who have tickets to night games for the World Cup.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your soaps. They are beautiful just as they are now!!

Ditto MagiaDellaLuna. About the soaps, not the weather thank goodness! We had such a horrible one....but I digress.

The soaps look fabulous! I have Drakker envy!!!! Can't wait to see what you do in the future. :D

MagiaDellaLuna
I am in Western Australia... I feel for the people out watching the soccer :( I bet the teams felt the chill (wouldnt have a clue who is playing soccer :oops: I only follow Rugby union)

Hazel
I used PVC pipe for the moulds. It was really easy to use !!

I am quite happy with how the soap turned out, and am waiting patiently to use it :roll: :lol:

The drakkar is starting to smell a lot better (was worried for a while there, thought it might not work with the beer) and the warm vanilla sugar makes my mouth water every time I walk past !!

Back