Hydrous Body Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone made a good emulsified body butter that contains water?

I think Body butters with just butters and oils are too greasy even with added Arrowroot or Tapioca etc.
. And I have melting issued here in Florida.

I am loving behenyl in lotion. It’s a bit dry feeling with the slickness of Cetyl without the ‘oiliness’ and doesn’t thicken as much as Stearic acid. So I guess behenyl is the posh cousin of Cetyl and Stearic acid. I guess it just depends on what you like, I will pick stearic over Cetyl for a lotion though because I have so much oil in my recipes, I don’t want the ‘oiliness’ of Cetyl added to my combo. Or better still use glyceryl stearate if you have that instead of Cetyl.

Lotion Pro, I love because thickening the lotion is my job and I really prefer it that way because other emulsifiers will thicken your lotion for you and Lotion Pro won’t so you can play with additives you would like to thicken your lotion with. Maybe simulgreen? The generic emulsifiers lik e-wax, BTMS, Polawax will give a totally different feel, in fact I would personally lose the thickeners and stabilizers like Cetyl, stearic etc... if I have to use any of those but this is just based on what I like so your YMMV.

I too like the Body Butter Bliss. It was highly recommended by Irishlass. I just bought the kit to see if I liked it. It’s really nice.

OK - I made the Body Butter Bliss and the Jen's Bodacious Cream recipes. Loved them both. Very similar to each other. Im going to keep using both for a few and see if my skin has a fave! Thanks!!

OK - I made the Body Butter Bliss and the Jen's Bodacious Cream recipes. Loved them both. Very similar to each other. Im going to keep using both for a few and see if my skin has a fave! Thanks!!

Would you please refer me to the recipes, I couldn't find them on her Facebook page. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back