Hot Process Help Pronto! (Still cooking!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what happened with my soap. Totally confused.

It kept poofing up, but never changed. So, finally, I stuck some on my tongue, and it was as smooth as velvet.

It "cooked" all day, plus the wonky crock pot all night. I think it must have been done this morning, but I did not recognize it . I dunno.

Anyway, it is a liquid soap, so I am watering it down now and will see what happens.

It was a small batch, so....no big loss if it is toast.

WOW. Ok.

Liquid? More like SLIME. It is still so solid! jeesh.

I made a small batch with 16 oz oil. 6 oz of water.

Once the cook was finished, I cut the batch in half and watered it down. I superfatted with lanolin. I put 20 oz of water (or maybe a bit less, it boiled on the stove a bit). Then, it was still crazy thick. So I added another 10 oz. Left it overnight, and it is still super thick and had a skin!

I swear the calculator did not call for this much water.

I just added 6 oz more, and will leave it for a bit.

??????????????

(ps, did use the right lye!)

hp should not cook all night, maybe you should watch a tutorial? it only needs to cook for 20-45 min on high, then usually ready to mold.

Yes, I know it is not supposed to cook all night. My crock pot was broken...so I had to start it back up in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

hi!

Yep, right lye. And, yep, that tutorial!

I think it is just a dilution issue. I put a spoonful into a glass of water, and it all dissolves fine, so must just need alot more water than the tutorial suggested. :) I will just keep diluting!

Thanks everyone!

Back