Hi everyone.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbeve

Reaction score
Hi, I am so happy to be here! I'm in desperate need of some clarification. In order to claim your business name, did you all have to register with Service Canada? Apparently I have to download an app that I'm not too comfortable with or have what is called a BC token, which I have to do in person. I make natural soap, face creams and lip balms etc... Any guidance of the process would be appreciated before I start shelling out money and reach a point that I may not be comfortable with. Thank you

Hi, I am so happy to be here! I'm in desperate need of some clarification. In order to claim your business name, did you all have to register with Service Canada? Apparently I have to download an app that I'm not too comfortable with or have what is called a BC token, which I have to do in person. I make natural soap, face creams and lip balms etc... Any guidance of the process would be appreciated before I start shelling out money and reach a point that I may not be comfortable with. Thank you
Hi there! Congrats on taking the first step to claiming your business name!

To clarify, registering with Service Canada is a federal process, and it's not directly related to claiming your business name. However, you do need to register your business with your province (in your case, British Columbia) to get a business license.

The BC token you're referring to is likely the BCeID, which is a digital identity that allows you to access various government services online. You can apply for it online or in person.

For your natural soap, face creams, and lip balms business, you'll need to register your business with the Province of British Columbia. You can do this through the BC Registry Services website. They have a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.

Before you start, I recommend checking with your local government to see if you need any special licenses or permits to operate a business in your area.

Lastly, be cautious when downloading apps or providing personal info. Make sure you're using official government websites and apps to avoid any potential scams.

Hi there! Congrats on taking the first step to claiming your business name!

To clarify, registering with Service Canada is a federal process, and it's not directly related to claiming your business name. However, you do need to register your business with your province (in your case, British Columbia) to get a business license.

The BC token you're referring to is likely the BCeID, which is a digital identity that allows you to access various government services online. You can apply for it online or in person.

For your natural soap, face creams, and lip balms business, you'll need to register your business with the Province of British Columbia. You can do this through the BC Registry Services website. They have a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.

Before you start, I recommend checking with your local government to see if you need any special licenses or permits to operate a business in your area.

Lastly, be cautious when downloading apps or providing personal info. Make sure you're using official government websites and apps to avoid any potential scams.
Thank you so much for the information! The email I got telling me in order to claim my business name, I had to have a service Canada account. Maybe this is a new/updated process?

Back