Had something weird happen with my wax melts, take a look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought Makesy orange colorant for melts and candles from Hobby Lobby. Big mistake. It was orange in the pot but not anywhere else. So I added a peach colorant I had. It had the effect of the attached picture. The scent is Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. So this didn't turn out as planned lol.

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to decorate it. It doesn't have a smooth top so I was going to melt the top tomorrow to smooth it over a bit, which means I can decorate it easily still.

I had a thought of calling it "I Believe It's Magic" like the song form Ghostbusters. But I have no idea how to decorate it to fit the theme now that it's a weird kind of pink/purple. Any ideas?
20241001_011728.jpg

People only want wax in their wax melts, nothing else. I looks like you might have over filled the mould, remelt if you have to, but you have to be able to break each rectangle apart to put in the wax melter. I use to sell these and once the lid is closed and labeled on the outside you don't see any decoration.
Make them with a little less wax, no decoration and see how that works for you, don't over think it.

Latest posts

Back