Goats Milk And Honey Test batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my second batch coming out of a 20 year hiatus. I'm doing test batches to get my legs back underneath me and to decide if I like formulas.

This Goat's Milk and Honey and my first time soaping with goat's milk. My take aways are:

1. I really like the feel goat's milk gives the soap. I used 1:1 water and lye and then added .5 in goats milk to the oils.
2. I used to soap much hotter, now I'm putting ice cubes in with lye and just zapping the oils a few times. So, hence the honey didn't just melt into the oils and I didn't use oats to soak it up. (little honey dots) I need to stir the honey more, to get into to incorporate into the oils. Maybe reduce the honey just a tad.
3. Don't hide it in the oven. The oven wasn't on, but it held just enough heat from soap (again honey) to cause it to gel in the center. I like my honey soaps ungelled.
4. I need to adjust my time to get to trace. I like to pour at a really thin trace and these batches go to trace quicker than what I used to get (different oils and different batch size)
5. I'm happy with the formula (Castor, coconut, olive and shea with kaolin clay). It's giving dense suds with a slightly frothy lather at day two.

Overall, I'm happy with it and will try to get my processes in place again.
2nd batch.jpg
goatMilkandHoney2.jpg
goatMilkandHoney3.jpg
goatmilkand honey4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back