Glycerin base with Coconut milk base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine d

Reaction score
hello im new to soap making....i tried making glycerin melt and pour soap but humidity my city is making dew drops on the glycerin soap.

i have lot of stock of glycerin base soap and now i purchased coconut milk base should i mix it with glycerin base...............

will it give soap sweating????

hello im new to soap making....i tried making glycerin melt and pour soap but humidity my city is making dew drops on the glycerin soap.

i have lot of stock of glycerin base soap and now i purchased coconut milk base should i mix it with glycerin base...............

will it give soap sweating????

Just for clarification:

It sounds like you purchased a premade base. Is that correct?

Did you add anything to the base?

I don't use melt and pour, but this sounds pretty common to me. The experts will probably weigh in shortly on how they deal with this problem.

Just for clarification:

It sounds like you purchased a premade base. Is that correct?

Did you add anything to the base?

I don't use melt and pour, but this sounds pretty common to me. The experts will probably weigh in shortly on how they deal with this problem.
yes i bought it from amazon its premade and just needs double boiling the glycerin base soap is fully sweating so i intend to mix it with coconut milk base

Glycerin dew happens to almost all MP soap when exposed to humidity. There are Low Sweat versions... I don't have any experience with those ...I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.
Who is the manufacturer of your MP bases?

By Glycerin base ... I am guessing you bought Clear MP soap base?

I use WSP's MP bases and their different MP bases can be mixed together.

After pouring your MP soap into the molds, let them dry and solidify -- usually a few hours to 24 hours (depending on depth of mold). Then wrap with saran or shrink wrap.

If they are still getting Glycerin dew within 24 hours. Spray with rubbing alcohol. let dry for few minutes, then wrap immediately in saran or shrink wrap. That will keep the Glycerin dew from happening.

Another option is to run a fan or use the AC in the room the soap is drying in.

Glycerin dew happens to almost all MP soap when exposed to humidity. There are Low Sweat versions... I don't have any experience with those ...I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.
Who is the manufacturer of your MP bases?

By Glycerin base ... I am guessing you bought Clear MP soap base?

I use WSP's MP bases and their different MP bases can be mixed together.

After pouring your MP soap into the molds, let them dry and solidify -- usually a few hours to 24 hours (depending on depth of mold). Then wrap with saran or shrink wrap.

If they are still getting Glycerin dew within 24 hours. Spray with rubbing alcohol. let dry for few minutes, then wrap immediately in saran or shrink wrap. That will keep the Glycerin dew from happening.

Another option is to run a fan or use the AC in the room the soap is drying in.
ya but if i intend to sell them and if they keep sweating then no one would buy them...........so i will no longer use clear base glycerin i would just mix it with coconut milk base

MP soap does not sweat once wrapped in saran or shrink wrap. While being used, the glycerin dew on the bar of soap is not really noticeable.
I sell a couple clear MP bases without a problem.
If you plan on selling, I would highly recommend not using AMAZON as your supplier.
It is better to use a reputable supplier such as Brambleberry, Bulk Apothecary, or Wholesale Supplies Plus.

I used to make a lot of M&P soap. I agree with all of the advice from @FFLinOhio . ALL M&P soaps create glycerine dew, even the low sweat variety.

Most important point:
Wrap each bar of soap in saran/plastic wrap immediately after you remove it from the mold - must be tight to keep out any air. Keep in dry moderate temperature area. Attach label to outside of this "package."

MP soap does not sweat once wrapped in saran or shrink wrap. While being used, the glycerin dew on the bar of soap is not really noticeable.
I sell a couple clear MP bases without a problem.
If you plan on selling, I would highly recommend not using AMAZON as your supplier.
It is better to use a reputable supplier such as Brambleberry, Bulk Apothecary, or Wholesale Supplies Plus.
im from india ................

We have some soapers here from India. Maybe they can jump in here and name some reputable soap supply manufacturers in India.

Latest posts

Back