Gelling Milk Soap ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaeRae

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, i couldnt find a result on search...
I have been making coconut milk soap for the last few months and now am thinking about gelling it... Has anyone had any experience with it before ?? If I was to gel do I need to wrap it with towels or would there be enough heat created ?? Thanks in advance :)

wow, you are the right guy to tell me how it works with coconut milk!
When I saw your post, "gelling milk soap" I thought it was regular milk...
so I posted my own, about coconut ...
well, I am going to try it for the first time, so... could you give me some clues? do you make the lye solution with co milk or add some at trace?
How do you calculate the amout of fat on the milk???
And, last but not least...do you ride a bike (It looks a Thundercat or Thunderbird)? I Have a CBR XX Blackbird. Well, nowadays it's more of a X11, I fell and ruined the fairings :cry:

I've been on a quest to find a natural coconut scent that will hold up in CP. I thought I struck gold using virgin coconut oil in place of my 76 degree CO, but it didn't work. I don't want to use FO's. Does the scent of the coconut milk survive saponification?

Best Natural Soap said:
I've been on a quest to find a natural coconut scent that will hold up in CP. I thought I struck gold using virgin coconut oil in place of my 76 degree CO, but it didn't work. I don't want to use FO's. Does the scent of the coconut milk survive saponification?

no, not at all! i have used pure CO and Coconut milk for total water and not a bit of scent came through. :cry:

Sadly the lye monster tends to make getting scent thru things like coconut pretty much a no go without using FO or EOs. Good luck

JP4 said:
wow, you are the right guy to tell me how it works with coconut milk!
When I saw your post, "gelling milk soap" I thought it was regular milk...
so I posted my own, about coconut ...
well, I am going to try it for the first time, so... could you give me some clues? do you make the lye solution with co milk or add some at trace?
How do you calculate the amout of fat on the milk???
And, last but not least...do you ride a bike (It looks a Thundercat or Thunderbird)? I Have a CBR XX Blackbird. Well, nowadays it's more of a X11, I fell and ruined the fairings :cry:
I am the right chick to tell ya ;)
I used cocnut milk that was almost completly frozen and used it in place of the water...it did swell a bit but I have read that it is from the fat taking on a fake trace... (not too sure tho as i am still only new to this)
And I didnt calc the fat in the soap :oops: but had no problem at all with the way it turned out..

The bike is Duacti 1098s, and isnt mine unfortunatly, I made the fairings for it for a friend who does local racing. I have a Yamaha myself but is only a 250..
I have to wait for the kids to grow a bit before i can get a real bike lol...

Back