Floral, perfumey essential oil blend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathbombgal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if some more experienced soapers/aromatherapy folks can help me out. I'm trying to make a floral/feminine smelling bath bomb using essential oils for fragrance (I run a 100% natural company), and I want the bomb to smell really luxurious, like a bath you would take before going out on the town. The idea is that is smells floral like a perfume might. I'm thinking rose will be in there, but I'm not sure what to mix with it. Anyone have any recommendations for floral essential oil blends? Especially, essential oils that will stay as a good base when the top notes are gone?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, I already did. I was just overwhelmed and not sure which ones are actually good. Also, it didn't appear they had any essential oil blends using rose EO.
A true Rose Otto EO (not the adulterated, fake, mislabeled stuff) runs between $500 and $1200.00 US per oz, give or take a few bucks. Some EO suppliers, like NDA, apparently don't even carry it anymore

You'll get much more enjoyment from such an expensive scent if you use it in a lotion or serum, rather than soap or bath bombs. Or as @lsg suggested, use an alternative EO that has a similar scent profile. You can get 4oz of Briar Rose EO (enough to scent a small batch of soap, or a couple batches of bath bombs) for *only* $75 at Hopewell Oils.

Last edited:
EOCalc's Flower House, Fallen and Awakening are nice, simple floral blends that are based on affordable essential oils. More complex perfume scents can be made using essential oils and resins, but some of the ingredients are quite pricey. This website provides recipes for classic perfume bases (chypre, fougère) made with essential oils and resins. I've made chypres I like using blends of essential oils and fragrance oils.

A true Rose Otto EO (not the adulterated, fake, mislabeled stuff) runs between $500 and $1200.00 US per oz, give or take a few bucks. Some EO suppliers, like NDA, apparently don't even carry it anymore

You'll get much more enjoyment from such an expensive scent if you use it in a lotion or serum, rather than soap or bath bombs. Or as @lsg suggested, use an alternative EO that has a similar scent profile. You can get 4oz of Briar Rose EO (enough to scent a small batch of soap) for *only* $75 at Hopewell Oils.
Too bad it is sooo expensive! Thanks for the suggestion

There is a Woolzies rose EO floral blend costing $29 plus shipping for 4 oz. It’s absolutely fabulous. Consider mixing with orange, lavender, and or lemon or other citrus. I’ve used Woolzies blends for years and they never disappoint. My favorite is their Jasmine blend mixed with citrus.
Link here: https://woolzies.com/products/rose-essential-oil

There is a Woolzies rose EO floral blend costing $29 plus shipping for 4 oz. It’s absolutely fabulous. Consider mixing with orange, lavender, and or lemon or other citrus. I’ve used Woolzies blends for years and they never disappoint. My favorite is their Jasmine blend mixed with citrus.
Thanks so much! I agree. I love their blends. I do want to be able to replicate their recipes by myself so they're less expensive. They are kinda pricey! But yes, so lovely. Thank you for the suggestion.

Wow, I’ve not seen any rose EO priced so low, but I also don’t think to check for rose damask rather than rose otto. I wonder how much is actually that, as opposed to the palmarosa, rose geranium, etc., that are part of the blend.

Wow, I’ve not seen any rose EO priced so low, but I also don’t think to check for rose damask rather than rose otto. I wonder how much is actually that, as opposed to the palmarosa, rose geranium, etc., that are part of the blend.
I think the rose has to be a big part of it because it's listed as the first ingredient, and if I'm correct, you have to list your ingredients from most used in the recipe to least. Their price point is interesting for sure.

EOCalc's Flower House, Fallen and Awakening are nice, simple floral blends that are based on affordable essential oils. More complex perfume scents can be made using essential oils and resins, but some of the ingredients are quite pricey. This website provides recipes for classic perfume bases (chypre, fougère) made with essential oils and resins. I've made chypres I like using blends of essential oils and fragrance oils.
This website looks like fun! Do you have labdanum? It seems like a pretty key ingredient in a lot of those blends.

Back