First soap for 2011

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still wanting to make another salt bar batch. ChrisShepp kindly shared his recipe with me (his was much less drying than my batches) and I want to try it.

I don't know if I'll get around to it. I haven't been getting anything done lately. I'm still piddling about with a scrub recipe. I'm just never happy with anything. :(

BTW - Happy New Year to everyone! :D

Well I made a raspberry fragranced soap yesterday but that doesn't count as it was still 2010 here in Aus.
BUT.... today I'll make some whipped peppermint meringe soaps. Lye is chilled as I speak...can't wait. So looking forward to piping these babies.

Rebatching a eucalyptus fo that traced to quickly, and then thought it would be cute and gel! Now have a putrid tan/green bar of soap. Probably works just fine but I mix not so pretty batches with more color and m&p and hubby loves it! Then if someone peeks in the shower they still see a pretty bar of soap. LOL!

I finally found a flat fitting bottom for my pvc pipe so whatever I make will probably be made in that.

Well I was going to make a few batches today but didn't make one. My plan is to get up early tomorrow and make a few and will share. I hope everyone here has a Happy New Year and wish you all much success in the new year.

I have been thinking about making a ground loofa soap. There is a woman who trades her home grown loofas for my soap and I was thinking of grinding up some small ones.

I'll have to wait until next week when I can get some more supplies in - then I have an order for some lavender EO soap with no colourants.

After that, I have about a dozen new fragrances I want to try - aaaaahhhh! Maybe the Red Currant and Thyme first . . . .

I'm going to make high CO bars. Seems like every other day someone is raving about them..so now, of course, I'm interested and must try!

Hmm, not sure. I'm running out of beer soap and out of citrus poppy and out of salt bars. Would love to do all three but will probably settle for one or two.

I'm planning on doing my first rebatch tomorrow of a lavender/ peppermint soap made earlier this week that gave me my first partial gel. A first to start the year seems fitting...

Just did 4 batches a lime salt bar, an OMH and a Twilight, all CP. Now I'm doing an HP batch. I just realized today that there was no soap made here for the whole month of December and I gave so much away for Christmas. Which was a great way finding out what people do and don't like. So, now I know what to make more of. I am using some new FOs from Elements, they have really nice FOs.

Haven't decided yet but it will have goat's milk. Love that!

Been out of palm oil for 2 months and been recalculating all my recipes to substitute lard for the palm but I miss the palm. My first venture of the new year will be to get some palm ordered and will wait for it to arrive before I decide what I'm making.

I would like to make another salt bar, but have to wait as I have a cracked rib. :x

Latest posts

Back