Fabulous?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiesoap

Reaction score
First, please forgive me, just have to ask. Apologize if it's been brought up before. Has anyone watched the Fabulous Beekman Boys TV show? A friend told me they were soapmakers and I should check it out so I did. Seems to me they claim to be soapmakers, bath/body product makers, but don't actually do anything themselves--just handout their goatmilk (which they don't milk themselves, the hired hand does) for someone else to make the product? I wouldn't call them soapmakers at all. Anyone tried their products, thoughts? Guess with Martha S. behind you would be hard to fail. :roll:

yeah, they don't make anything themselves...just market it and 'run' the business. They have a soapmaking lady :)

I am interested to buy Josh's book - maybe that will have some additional insight.

Hmmm. I don't watch television at all, too busy watching goats, so I've never heard of these guys. I don't see how they can call themselves "soapmakers" if they have nothing to do with the process. I don't think they could call themselves goat farmers either, if the hired hand does all the work. :p

By their logic, my goats are "soapmakers"! :lol:

Just cause I didn't know who they were... in case anyone else is interested.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgBYbBldjlI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgBYbBldjlI[/ame]

I think that's who you're talking about?

I like watching the show, too. Did I notice, though, that their GM soap was very orange? I think their soaplady added the lye too quickly.

I don't like how it seems that they have help for everything. I mean, I know 60 goats is a lot to handle and that they're Farmer John's goats, but still. Seems like every truly hard task is covered by someone else.

Gotta admit, though, their llama is so cool. My llama doesn't like to be petted, and hides behind a tree if he gets nervous. No wonder he didn't do so well at a petting zoo...

Yes, the fact they don't do anything except take credit for doing everything is what irritated me about them. I also noticed the orange soap, looks just like one of my mistake batches when lye burned the milk. Oh well, guess realism is not the goal of this "reality" show--good for entertainment value now and then.

Latest posts

Back