Experiment gone wrong need suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootsbrew

Reaction score
Hi there, I experimented with a new soap, White Chocolate Mint. I used cocoa to colour the soap and used white chunks in it. It looks and smells great but to use it sucks. It just leaves brown everwhere and the later is rather brown. I may have used too much cocoa but I hate it right now. Any suggestions to save this soap - it is cured.... Thanks.

2 tbsp cocoa in the lye water, 1 tbsp peppermint EO, chunks of an anise soap. 2.4oz lye, 6oz water, 10.5 oz olive oil, 5.2oz coconut oil, 1 tbsp castor oil.

Thank you.

You could shread it up and add some of the soap shreds to a new batch of white soap base, (would still fit with the white chocolate mint theme) or a pale green soap base...it would go well with the chocolate mint theme, kinda like andes candies.

next time try 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder per 1 pound of oil.

I dont know that I would add anything to lye water it gets sooo hot.
I have made soap with cocoa and no bad smell , I added it like I do color.. a small amount of oil from batch , mixed with cocoa, the after trace add some soap to cocoa mixture ..

Thank you very much. I will know better next time. Also i love the suggestion of shredding it into a white soap base. Excellent idea and will do it.

Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back