Discoloration time?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanam

Reaction score
I very rarely work with high vanilla content FO's because I hate messing with discoloration. However, I really wanted to make Warm Vanilla Sugar with a 19% vanilla content, so I knew I would have to work with the D, not against it.

I added no colorant to the bottom layer...just FO. The middle layer is FO and TD, and the top layer is TD with no FO. I then drizzled a little of all three on top.

The funny thing was that, while I was working with it, all three batters were white...so I was flying blind with no idea how things would turn out. Overall, I am fairly pleased with the outcome.

Just cut the loaf tonight, and you can see the discoloration is only at the outer edge. How long before the discoloration spreads throughout the interior of the bars?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393988756.952953.jpg

WIth that high a vanilla content, they will be different by tomorrow morning, or in just a few hours even. Probably takes a couple of weeks to fully brown and the interiors of the bars takes longer. It's kind of fun to watch it. Well, not sit there and watch it, but it's fun to take a look every day.

they look wonderful. The layers are perfect!

I love how your bars turned out. And yes, they can darken for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back