Cutting Loofah Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepNsoap

Reaction score
I have just made my first bactch of CP Oatmeal, Milk & Honey with a loofah embedded in the log. I can't wait to unmold it! I have one question though: What is the best way to cut the log into bars since the loofah is a bit tougher than just plain soap?

I used a regular large knife to cut mine and it worked well! Make sure it's sharp. :) Those spackling soap cutter blades won't do it!

AshleyR said:
I used a regular large knife to cut mine and it worked well! Make sure it's sharp. :) Those spackling soap cutter blades won't do it!

One place says to use a serrated knife.... but that would leave marks. I would try a really sharp one first if it were me and then if not work go to the serrated one.

Val

Well if you put it into a PVC pipe, as you push the mold out you can take a sharp knife and cut it as you go, that why you have clean cuts! :D

I have found that a knife with a finely serrated edge works best. I have a bread knife that works perfectly, without leaving drag marks.

I cut mine with a really sharp knife, that loofa can be kinda tough, just make sure that you got the muscles to get thru it.

Latest posts

Back