Coconut soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleraine

Reaction score
Was hoping to get a nice pink layer with the pink clay I used but I got this instead...

6999885531_4a0699d493.jpg

It's my 40% olive oil soap and has coconut water, coconut milk (probably why my soap ended up more tanned plus the olive oil colour as well...heh) and grated coconut.

All of your soaps are pretty. If you don't mind me asking, what size mold are you using? The bars seem a little taller than most, but I really like the shape.

I was wondering that too, also I wondered what soap cutter are you using, your soaps always look so smooth!

Thanks ladies!

@desarae19, I don't think the oil will discolour but the milk might as it cures - if it's anything like goat's milk.

@kharmon320 & dirrdee, my soaps are about 6cm wide by 7cm tall - not the conventional size. Thickness depends - full bars are 1 inch and sample bars (most of my pics feature sample bars) are half an inch thick.

The mould is from Cafe de Savon. I use a harp soap cutter - still have no means to invest in a large scale cutter - plus I like cutting. There's just something about it. :)

oooo very pretty. i think i might actual prefer this to pink. with the coconut theme this look more 'tropical', in a way. so nice and perfect!

I love it! I want to make a soap with coconut milk and top it with coconut. But figured the coconut on top would go bad, I was going to toast it, lol. Did you put raw coconut in it, does it hold up? I am very curious...

@Soapy, I haven't tried it - it's still curing but I ground up the dessicated coconut. Toasting it would be nice and it releases the fragrance better, I reckon. Will let you know once it finishes curing and I can test it. :)

It's very pretty! I like the natural looking color it turned too. I don't think the pink would have gone with the coconut theme you have going. Very nice! :D

Latest posts

Back