Case Study: Black and brown particles found in soap noodles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be interesting to see. Would you mind adding a little more information about the study and/or the particles? I'm afraid I need a bit more context.
This type of particles appears on soap noodles and the process is first we make blends of palm oil, palm stearin and palm kernal considering 45 I.V and then split the oil into crude fatty acid and sweet water, then CFA is feed into distillation column and DFA is obtain from top. Then DFA is react with 33 Baume caustic soda and form base soap which is super fatting by citric acid

Attachments

• 57009-IMG-20210814-104334-650.jpg
    57009-IMG-20210814-104334-650.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
Most of the readers on this forum are hobby or small scale soap makers. They do not use industrial soap making equipment, so they are not likely to have the answers you seek.

You're also using acronyms that you do not define, which is not helpful even for readers who might have a clue about what you are doing. This is a worldwide audience, and it's best to not assume readers speak your lingo.

And you're brief outline in your second post is still so vague, it doesn't provide any clues for troubleshooting. So here are some very general guesses:

Improperly cleaned equipment? Excessively high temperatures during distillation? Improperly maintained pumps or valves that are are leaking lubricants or other impurities? Carbonaceous impurities in your raw materials?

Back