Can i make soap with cream?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebeaniekids

Reaction score
Hello i have heaps of cream well 600mls and i was thinking could i make soap with it over the weekend? if you have made it please give me tips or if you have a recipe i can make with 600mls of cream please let me know:)

i have used evaporated milk as an additive after the cook in HP and it is the best one i have made so far. i have also used milk instead of water to do my lye mix, so i don't see why you couldnt use cream. i think there is even a recipe here that calls for it.

I have a recipe for Lavender cream soap that I have made several times and everyone seems to love it. It calls for half n half but you could probably use cream in it. Lotion like lather and smells great.

4 oz. olive oil
2.5 oz. coconut oil
1.5 oz. palm oil
1.12 oz. Lye
2.5 oz. lavender infused water
1 oz. half-n-half
1/4 fl. oz. lavender essential oil
1/4 tsp. freesia fragrance oil
Add the half-n-half to the lye water after it has dissolved. Make as normal. The lavender water should have the flowers removed before using. All ingredients are by weight unless otherwise noted.

Freeze it into cream cubes. That's my only advice. I learned the hard smelly ugly way, Lye doesn't like dairy. And add them slowly.

mamaT said:
I have a recipe for Lavender cream soap that I have made several times and everyone seems to love it. It calls for half n half but you could probably use cream in it. Lotion like lather and smells great.

4 oz. olive oil
2.5 oz. coconut oil
1.5 oz. palm oil
1.12 oz. Lye
2.5 oz. lavender infused water
1 oz. half-n-half
1/4 fl. oz. lavender essential oil
1/4 tsp. freesia fragrance oil
Add the half-n-half to the lye water after it has dissolved. Make as normal. The lavender water should have the flowers removed before using. All ingredients are by weight unless otherwise noted.

I have made soap with whipping cream , frozen as Jeremy said, it is a fantastic bar of soap. It was an experimental thing , I loved the results. (That doesn't always happen) :wink:

Kitn

Whipped cream kitn? That's intresting....what did it do for your soap if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know where you are from, but Half N' Half is heavy cream. If you are from a european country it's gold label, or also double cream, well that's a little excessive but heavy cream none the less, though as I stated I had great success with 2% milk, no cream. That is though one of my next moves, I'll let you all know how it turned out.

Jeremy said:
I don't know where you are from, but Half N' Half is heavy cream. If you are from a european country it's gold label, or also double cream, well that's a little excessive but heavy cream none the less, though as I stated I had great success with 2% milk, no cream. That is though one of my next moves, I'll let you all know how it turned out.
Thanks lol our cream is just normal cream that you wip and put on cakes and so on :) im from australia :) i done soap with goats milk it turned out GOOD and water vegi soap so i will try on the weekend doing cream one :) the recipe up above what i had been given :)

Dixie said:
Whipped cream kitn? That's intresting....what did it do for your soap if you don't mind me asking?

It feels like a richer creamier moister lather. It really feels good on my dry skin.

Kitn

phillysoaps said:
ilovebeaniekids said:
sorry what do you mean by half and half sorry about asking this question :oops:

I believe she meant a brand name of coffee creamer

Half and half is a product made by blending cream with milk. It's not a brand, it's more like saying "milk" or "heavy cream". It has a fat content of about 10% so it's not really HALF and HALF (mathematically speaking), but you get the idea. Anyway, its on the shelf in the dairy section near the heavy cream, etc.

For those who are interested, whole milk typically has a fat content of about 3.5% (it can vary by type of cow, season, etc., but it's typically standardized to 3.5%), whereas cream is in the area of 35% FAT. Which means that rather than being 50/50, half and half is really closer 80/20! (80% whole milk/20% cream)

oh, and yes you can soap it. I'd suggest using some water to dissolve your lye and adding some cream at light trace rather than trying to dissolve your lye in it.

I have used exactly that method that Carebear just posted to use coconut cream, can't see why it wouldn't work with regular cream.
I dissolve my lye in exactly the same amount of water, subtracted from my original water amount, then add the leftover in cream at light trace.
Beautifully creamy soap, and in my opinion the coconut cream really does add something special to the soap.

Latest posts

Back