Bug Bite recipe for everyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I woke up with at least a dozen mosquito bites on my arm. It was the one above the covers and my bedroom door was closed overnight. And oh yes, it was mosquitoes. The itch was driving me completely crazy. I was scratching so much I started bleeding. So I tried to find something that would help and here's what I found. And this WORKS. It takes multiple applications a day about a tbsp per day from your wrist to your elbow. Be sure to rub it in. Within four days the itch stopped entirely and has never come back. The swelling was completely gone within a week. Now it's almost completely healed. Usually these can itch horribly for weeks for me.

1 tbsp aloe vera gel
4 drops lemongrass EO
4 drops peppermint EO
4 drops lavender EO

I will never sell this recipe because I don't want to deal with the additional paperwork, testing, etc that is required for anything with a medical use. Just remember that wherever you live, you might be required by law to do certain things to be able to sell it so make sure you check before you do anything. And be aware of any allergies that may be associated with the contact. Mix very well before using.

No, you may NOT make the claim that I gave this recipe to you. This is entirely up to YOU. Even if you just use it for yourself and your family. I'm not responsible for anything that may happen. I'm just saying that this works better than anything else I've tried, including benadryl cream.

A couple weeks ago, I woke up with at least a dozen mosquito bites on my arm. It was the one above the covers and my bedroom door was closed overnight. And oh yes, it was mosquitoes. The itch was driving me completely crazy. I was scratching so much I started bleeding. So I tried to find something that would help and here's what I found. And this WORKS. It takes multiple applications a day about a tbsp per day from your wrist to your elbow. Be sure to rub it in. Within four days the itch stopped entirely and has never come back. The swelling was completely gone within a week. Now it's almost completely healed. Usually these can itch horribly for weeks for me.

1 tbsp aloe vera gel
4 drops lemongrass EO
4 drops peppermint EO
4 drops lavender EO

I will never sell this recipe because I don't want to deal with the additional paperwork, testing, etc that is required for anything with a medical use. Just remember that wherever you live, you might be required by law to do certain things to be able to sell it so make sure you check before you do anything. And be aware of any allergies that may be associated with the contact. Mix very well before using.

No, you may NOT make the claim that I gave this recipe to you. This is entirely up to YOU. Even if you just use it for yourself and your family. I'm not responsible for anything that may happen. I'm just saying that this works better than anything else I've tried, including benadryl cream.
Thank you! The past few years have been so bad and I have scars from last year. I'll try this.

1 tbsp aloe vera gel
4 drops lemongrass EO
4 drops peppermint EO
4 drops lavender EO

We are all extra-sensitive in my family, so THANK YOU @MelissaG !

Thank you @MelissaG , I am like you. Mosquito bites will swell and itch for weeks. I am definitely going to try this.
Hope it helps. They drive me crazy. I'm so happy this worked for me.
@MelissaG I added a few drops of May Chang and Tea Tree. My hubby's psoriasis gets itchy, and he said it really helps!
I'm glad to hear that. I have a special body butter I make for my husband. He doesn't like tea tree but I'll have to look up may chang.

Hope it helps. They drive me crazy. I'm so happy this worked for me.

I'm glad to hear that. I have a special body butter I make for my husband. He doesn't like tea tree but I'll have to look up may chang.
It's an antimicrobial. His skin gets cracked and I like that the May Chang keeps it clean. The concoction dries and tightens his skin, keeps the itch down. I make a floral infusion body butter that he applies thickly (wipe off excess) after the bug bite/anti-itch potion. In just a few days, he's felt a great deal of relief! This is great, thank you so much!

It's an antimicrobial. His skin gets cracked and I like that the May Chang keeps it clean. The concoction dries and tightens his skin, keeps the itch down. I make a floral infusion body butter that he applies thickly (wipe off excess) after the bug bite/anti-itch potion. In just a few days, he's felt a great deal of relief! This is great, thank you so much!
Thank you and you're very welcome. I'm really happy it's helped. The peppermint cools it down, the aloe is a healing agent, and the other two are anti-inflammatory among other things.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back