Buffer Face & Body Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out what I could use in a New Soap I'm wanting to make.
I need a strong Natural ingredient strong enough to remove dry bumps, really rough dry patchy skin to include the feet.( as if they walked barefoot ).
Pumice doesn't have that scratchy feel that I'm looking for.
Has anyone have any suggestions that truly will work?
I appreciate any ideas & Thabk you

What grades of pumice have you tried? It ranges from super fine to fairly coarse, so it may be that a coarser grind might work for you.

Other super scrubby options that I like are walnut shells and coffee grounds. Coffee is surprisingly scrubby, so grind it very finely to start and it may be just what you are seeking. I save my used grounds, dry them in the oven, and then regrind them to a very fine powder. They are still super scrubby!

ETA: I personally couldn't use any of those on my facial skin, which is much thinner and more tender than foot skin. You probably want to formulate one less scrubby bar for face, and something much scrubbier for feet.

I agree on the pumice grades. My uncle found super fine to be less than ideal, but when I added medium pumice and dried orange peel to the party, he raved. Mine isn’t for faces, tho, so proceed with caution. 😊

Back