Blueberries?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunkawakan

Reaction score
CPHP method - My dear bf is always trying (and most usually successfully) to help me figure out new things for me to try. Note here, however, he is stationed in South Korea and I am in Colorado so he is not always here to see and/or physically help with these suggestions or see the results.

This morning he asked about replacing the water with concentrated blueberry juice. After discussing it, we both agreed it would have to be added to the oil and water discounted (right?). Further discussion brought up running the bluberries through the juicer and using the pulp as well (no point in wasting the pulp).

As I've never used pulps or juices (just started using milk 2 weeks ago) in soaps this is all new to me. Has anyone done this? We were thinking of using co & oo and we're not sure if the blueberries would stain the skin thereby, obviously, defeating the purpose of soap though it might make a good gag soap, lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you trying for the color or just the idea of the blueberries? I'm afraid it would just turn grey.

I'm thinking he wants the color, smell (both of which I can handle without using the fruit - reminder to self - order blueberry eo :lol: ), and just the use of the blueberries. Not sure he's trying to achieve anything other than using the berries themselves. He knows I like to experiement so he tends to throw ideas at me allowing my creative warped mind to come up with something that will work.

It's really a very nice thought, but everyone I know who has tried it has ended up with an ugly gray soap; that's why I didn't do it. :(

Maybe just use a little bit, a few ounces, with a colorant and the blueberry scent and you'll have the label appeal that there is real blueberries in the mix?

I'm betting at best you'd get grey soap. Blueberry stains horribly, so I'm wondering if it would stain skin, also. Doubting the scent would come through. Cool idea, though! If you try it, please let us know how it turns out.

Back