Avocodo Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
Is it worth getting? I've been thinking about trying it. Its really the only "exotic" oil that I want to try. Does it make a difference? Or is it just more of a label appeal oil?

I like avocado oil in "luxury" soap. Avocado oil is high in unsaponifiables, making it good oil to use for dry and sensitive skin. Avocado is a good addition to lotions, creams and whipped butters. It has a fairly long shelf life too.

I love Avocado oil, it's one of my favorites. I love to add it to soap , balms, butters, and I even use it directly on my skin. I use the oil cleansing method for my face washing with grapeseed and castor mix then moisturize with Avocado after.

I use avocado oil at 5% in most of my recipes. I really like the feel of the soap, and I don't usually need lotion anymore. Not sure if it's the avocado oil, or probably my recipe/combo of oils, but I do like it.

I made a soap with it a while ago for shaving. I haven't used it yet, but it was easy enough to work with. I have seen avocado oil on sale at costco last few times I'm there. It might be a good place to get it they also sold coconut oil. but it was Extra Virgin Cold Pressed, which I like for eating but is a waste for soap.
For coconut--i use Louanns for soap, and organic stuff for food.
I'm not sure if there is a "discount" brand, or if all avocado oil is going to be premium.

I buy Costco's avocado oil and use it in a lot of my recipes. I love the stuff and sometimes just use it on my skin neat.

I don't have a Costco near me and my walmart doesn't carry avocodo oil :( Any suggestions where to buy online?

Avocado Oil

I get avocado oil from Costco. If you don't have a Costco, you can purchase it on-line from Soaper's Choice. They carry it in 35 pounds and 7 pounds. The 7 pounds is $18.35 + shipping. I find SC shipping more reasonable than anywhere else.

I love avocado oil in my salt bars (80% coconut oil, 15% avocado oil, and 5% castor oil). I hold back some of the avocado and use it as SF (in HP).

Yup - avocado is awesome!! Soaper's Choice does carry it for a good price. I think it adds a nice feel and seems to up the creamy factor.

I too love avocado oil. I also use it in my salt bars and it's awesome. It's great in soap, whipped butter, lotion bars. I get mine at Costco as well or from Soaper's Choice.

Thank y'all for all the replies! I decided to buy it when I bought some oils I was getting low on. I can't wait to try it!

Latest posts

Back