Anyone have molds from mrdoright123 on ebay?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: x

heartsong said:
:D check this out! found this on my 1st "google"

http://www.ipotec.com/

i think this is the right stuff. you want "closed-cell" foam. now we need to find a retailer that doesn't require us to buy a gazillion sq. feet!

we need to form an info posse! LOL!

i just fixed the link to this site. it's under silicone foam liner/sheets.

i think kitn mentioned pics...here's a few so you can get an idea of the molds apart and together. now that both molds are clean and ready to go, i'll have to make soap tomorrow. :lol:

the 4th pic of the mold makes it look a bit narrow. it's just the angle. the molds are great, i love them. can't say that about the slicer as i've never used it.

mold

apart3.jpg

apartedge1.jpg

togetherbottommold1.jpg

togethercomplete1.jpg

slicer

slicerapart2.jpg

slicertogether1.jpg

slicercomplete2.jpg

x

yup! :D

that's what i have, too, except i have the adjustable slicer instead of the many slots.

i think for getting 2 molds, the slicer and the knife the price is very reasonable.

Re: x

heartsong said:
yup! :D

that's what i have, too, except i have the adjustable slicer instead of the many slots.

i think for getting 2 molds, the slicer and the knife the price is very reasonable.

I have the same ones you do heartsong and agree the price is great with the cutters etc , it is the perfect package for starting out soap making .imho

zeoplum said:
I know Barbara. She and I are on another forum together (Monet...this is the one I told you about). LJA, PM me if you want the info. She's posted tutorials for her swirling technique!

zeo

Zeo, I looked all over that forum. I can't find the tutorials. :cry:

OH no Rude space soap moulds!!LOL :lol:
Have you guys checked out the silicone liners that kaseencook can make to any size specification?
They are exactly what Carebear was describing. If you find a message from her it's in her signature (her www).

Has anyone ever used the cutting mats you can find at Walmart for a reusable liner? They are sold as a 3 pak for about $3. I have several that I use for cutting boards and they are bottom rack dishwasher safe so should be able to stand the heat I would think.

They are found on what I call the goodie isle where the ladles and such are sold.

Val

Val said:
Has anyone ever used the cutting mats you can find at Walmart for a reusable liner? They are sold as a 3 pak for about $3. I have several that I use for cutting boards and they are bottom rack dishwasher safe so should be able to stand the heat I would think.

They are found on what I call the goodie isle where the ladles and such are sold.

Val

Yep! Those are what I used in my last mold (that was also "non stick" but stuck!!!) I cut strips of the chopping mat material to fit the sides, bottom, and ends of my mold. They held up pretty well - I did notice they warped after a few uses though. They worked well for me for the time being, but I am finding it much easier/faster to just drape the sheet of mac tac in my new mold!

Val,

I think some people have used them with success, but they have a bit of texture to them and some people said that the soap stuck to the cutting board liners.

That being said, I made reusable liners out of quilters plastic template sheets that I got at JoAnn Fabric. There is one type that is heat resistant (says so on the package) and works great for reusable liners. hth

thanks for the input. I currently use freezer paper and so far it is working well. I tried the wax paper once and it was ok but I had a small batch and it stuck so I went to the freezer paper and so far it has worked like a dream.

I saw the mats at the WM and thought they would be more permanent and save a little time so I might give them a try. the ones I have are textured on one side and smooth on the other.... each is a different color but the ones at WM were all white not sure if sides are different or not. They looked a little thicker too.

Val

Latest posts

Back