Aloe vera juice - where do you purchase yours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For now, I'll stick to making my own because I can drain out the yellow latex that I'm not confident is being removed in the commecially made products. I'm considering try distilled aloe (George's) to see if acts similar in my soap. It's clear and has no additional ingredients.

I don’t know that that is the proper thing to use as aloe juice. That is really a drink. I use Lily of the desert aloe, which is made from whole leaf aloe. It says it’s 99% pure aloe juice. of course it contains preservatives. I don’t think you’ll find anything commercially made that doesn’t.
The one mentioned above says 99.8 aloe content on the label, the rest is preservatives - should be fine in soap IMO

For now, I'll stick to making my own because I can drain out the yellow latex that I'm not confident is being removed in the commecially made products. I'm considering try distilled aloe (George's) to see if acts similar in my soap. It's clear and has no additional ingredients.
I love George’s when I can find it at a reasonable price. It is super clear so that it doesn’t change the soap color, and it is the consistency or water.

I love George’s when I can find it at a reasonable price. It is super clear so that it doesn’t change the soap color, and it is the consistency or water.
Does it still increase the bubbles like aloe gel does in CP? I might order some on Amazon to try. This would be a great way for me to both streamline my process AND make batches that are consistent. How much do you like to use?

Does it still increase the bubbles like aloe gel does in CP? I might order some on Amazon to try. This would be a great way for me to both streamline my process AND make batches that are consistent. How much do you like to use?
It sure does! I don’t consistently use AVJ but when I do, it is 100% water replacement if I’m not using any sorbitol or sugar.

Back