Address on labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightingale

Reaction score
I'm pretty new at soap making. For now it is just a hobby. But I have thought on selling in the future.

I've read over many of the requirements that are needed for labeling.

One thing that stood out to me was needing to add your address to your labels.

Now this would perhaps not bother me if I had my own place [though probably bother me a little]. But I currently live with my grandparents [having moved in because my grandmother has COPD and I been helping her around the house and such]. And I know for certain they would NEVER allow me to put their address on the labels.

I been trying to search many different soap makers on etsy to see if any of their labels have addresses on them. But all I've seen is people just putting "Made in Canada" Or which province and city they are in.

I wonder if it would be possible to just put my city, province and postal code instead of my straight out address. Along with whatever website I plan to make if I begin to sell.

Hello! The requirements for the labels differ from place to place, but out here the address requirement is actually a 'contact requirement', a way for your customers to keep in touch with you if needed and provide feedback. What people out here put on the label is usually their website/social media page/email address/telephone number - and that's it. The address from where you manage your business will be needed for the registration and it will be present on the receipts you give out. So even if it's not present on the label/box, everybody that buys will have access to this information. At least that's the way it is in EU - I see you are from Canada and it might be way different (it's best if someone from Canada sees the thread and responds), but I'm leaving my post here, in case someone finds it useful. Good luck!

I'm pretty new at soap making. For now it is just a hobby. But I have thought on selling in the future.

I've read over many of the requirements that are needed for labeling.

One thing that stood out to me was needing to add your address to your labels.

Now this would perhaps not bother me if I had my own place [though probably bother me a little]. But I currently live with my grandparents [having moved in because my grandmother has COPD and I been helping her around the house and such]. And I know for certain they would NEVER allow me to put their address on the labels.

I been trying to search many different soap makers on etsy to see if any of their labels have addresses on them. But all I've seen is people just putting "Made in Canada" Or which province and city they are in.

I wonder if it would be possible to just put my city, province and postal code instead of my straight out address. Along with whatever website I plan to make if I begin to sell.
Hi fellow Canadian. Unfortunately, you do have to have your address on the labels. You can, however, use a PO box. We rent and I'm a silent rebel and, technically, my labels are non compliant; I use my city, province, and postal code (it's a short street). I even add my phone number (cell number) as well as Facebook and Instagram links. I figure if they really want to reach me, they have plenty of ways of doing so. However, technically, you have to have your address on the labels if you wish to be totally compliant.

Back