Additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using soap Calc but have never used additives . I see that people are saying put additives in your calculations however I only see the additives at the bottom as a note basically. So if you are using the additives as a percent of oils and putting it in the lye water what other calculations are needed. Things can be confusing one says this and one says that. I am a new soapy. Thanks guys !

I use soapmaking friend and it has a place to include additives from a list (as well as custom additives you create). You can click the dropdown to decide whether to include it as a percent of oils, percent of water, or percent of batch weight. You can select master-batched lye or dual lye. There is even a box to check that will calculate the extra lye or the liquid discount, as applicable for things like citric acid, vinegar, water replacements, etc.

All that to say, I find it worth the annual subscription fee, because I use a lot of those features. I don't use their inventory/batch feature, although I should. Maybe someday. :)

Another SMF user here. Last when I used the free version it let you save 2 recipes, earlier it was only 1. The yearly sub was a gift from a friend - and it was with a sweet discount ‐ so to me, it was worth it

Back