A Special Thanks to Suds MacKenzie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prysm

Staff member
Admin

Reaction score
As I'm sure you're all aware of we had a supporting membership/donation drive not long ago and the community support was fantastic. I greatly appreciate each and every one of you that took time to upgrade or donate to the community. It's through supporting membership and donations that we stay online, so the support was appreciated and I'm grateful to everyone that could help out. I understand times are tight for a lot of us right now and many of you contribute in other ways. That too is greatly appreciated.

One member, @Suds MacKenzie donated ten memberships. They didn't have to, and it was their idea to do. Those memberships were in turn given to ten members who the mods and I felt would benefit from them. If you got one you know who you are.

I wanted to take a minute to recognize their devotion to the community, and their help in this latest drive and I hope you all take a minute to thank them for their contribution.

From everyone at SMF I thank you for your donation, and @Suds MacKenzie for going above and beyond.

Thank you!

As I'm sure you're all aware of we had a supporting membership/donation drive not long ago and the community support was fantastic. I greatly appreciate each and every one of you that took time to upgrade or donate to the community. It's through supporting membership and donations that we stay online, so the support was appreciated and I'm grateful to everyone that could help out. I understand times are tight for a lot of us right now and many of you contribute in other ways. That too is greatly appreciated.

One member, @Suds MacKenzie donated ten memberships. They didn't have to, and it was their idea to do. Those memberships were in turn given to ten members who the mods and I felt would benefit from them. If you got one you know who you are.

I wanted to take a minute to recognize their devotion to the community, and their help in this latest drive and I hope you all take a minute to thank them for their contribution.

From everyone at SMF I thank you for your donation, and @Suds MacKenzie for going above and beyond.

Thank you!
Wow! Thank you so much @SudsMcKenzie !!

Hi, everyone. You are very welcome. I was glad to do it.

It’s true I haven’t been around much in about fourteen years, and I wasn’t particularly active before that, but I believe in niche communities like this one. The Internet kind of sucks now, in case you haven’t noticed, and I wanted to do my part to help keep this place afloat.

When the year is over, I hope some of you scholarship awardees will be able to go into your own pockets and continue your memberships. Thirty dollars per year is extremely reasonable. If you only spend an hour per week here, that works out to less than $.58/week. It’s a crazy value for the knowledge and camaraderie you get. If you can’t renew, or choose not to, I still hope you have a great time with the upgraded accounts while they last.

Enough soap boxing for me. See you in another fourteen years, give or take.

Please accept my apology @Prysm. I've gotten a couple emails from you and I honestly couldn't figure out if you are an AI bot that was triggered each time I logged in or if you are an actual person. Reading this thread clears that up!
No worries at all! Glad we cleared that up.

Back