A few more of my soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Old thread: A few of my soaps

Bay of Babies, baby powder and bay rum scented.

Sawdust Sandstorm, scented only by the oils that make it up.

Lyptus Scrub

Eucalyptus essential oil, with colloidal oatmeal.

Man Bar - Crushed Rock Edition, strong cinnamon-and-clove scent, with a high percentage of crushed pumice. There's no mess to tough for this bar to take off your hands.

Tangerine Dream, tangerine essential oil and apricot seed powder for an exfliant.

Rustic Luxury, an amazingly clean and rich scent, plus awesome lather and moisturizing properties.

T.T. Lavender FOS, tea-tree and lavender essential oils.

Dead Sea Salty Dog Scrub Bar, very heavy on the dead sea salt, smells amazingly like the ocean.

Thanks for the replies :)

The Man Bar, yeah, I love the swirls in that one, too. I'd say those are actually the best swirls I have ever gotten in my cold-process swirl soaps. The funny thing is, I was disappointed when I poured it; watching it go into the mold, and seeing the top of the soap after I poured, I thought it was mushed together and wouldn't look very good. I was wrong, I am perfectly happy with them. I just sold the last one, too.

Working with the Dead Sea salt was no problem, really. I have a pretty cheap stick blender, but it churned right through the mixture with no trouble, and I used 50% salt. I didn't notice any acceleration or retardation of trace from the salt, and the bars cured in a reasonable time. The salt makes the bars smell amazing. I will say that I felt like I had to be kind of delicate with the bars until they were fully cured, they crumbled easily early on.

Back