Which packaging for Halloween Bath Bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to do something different this year. Normally, I just make shaped bath bombs and sell those. This year, I want to do powdered bath bombs in Halloween colors. One set for kids and one set for adults. I want to include a little toy on top of the kids ones so I want enough room to put it under the lid. These two are a negligible difference in price but I'm not sure which one to choose and frankly, I love my husband but he's no help in this. lol. What do you think? Both carry the same 5 oz amount. The square ones can be reused and I think are a bit higher quality but I'm not sure I want them to reuse it because there will have been things like fragrance oil inside. The round ones look ALOT like the dessert containers you can get from any grocery store so I can see kids grabbing them and starting to eat them. Really not sure which to choose.

The adult ones I have figured out for containers, it's the decoration on top I haven't figured out yet so will talk about that one later.

What do you think?

Thanks muchly.
1721031295466.png
1721031325625.png

I would be concerned about them resembling food, too.
I don't sell products aimed at kids, so I don't know the regs, but would including a small toy trigger your labels needing a "choking hazard" warning?

I would be concerned about them resembling food, too.
I don't sell products aimed at kids, so I don't know the regs, but would including a small toy trigger your labels needing a "choking hazard" warning?
Maybe but I don't think it would be a problem as long as it isn't IN the bathbomb mold, just inside the packaging. Kind of the way Kinder Eggs does it in the US. The chocolate and the toy are separate by law but there's still a plastic wrap around both.

What I was thinking is filling the cup up to the top, putting wrap over the top, then placing the toy on top of that, putting the lid on, and sealing it with wrap around the whole thing. Hope that makes sense.

I'm going to do something similar with the adult ones but the adult ones will be a plastic wine glass and have either a rose or an eyeball on top (haven't decided which). I want the adult ones to be black and red layers, and they will smell like Dark Rose from Pepper Janes fragrances on Etsy. The adult ones are easier.

When they're done, I'd be happy to post pictures.

I have kids ask me all the time if my bath bombs have toys in them. I've always been reluctant because I can see little swallowing them. But if I have it on top where the parents can see it, it shouldn't be a problem. Though I've been debating also making a few for littles that don't have the toy on top too. That way it gives the parents a choice.

The square one looks like it would wrap better. But I like the round one for the idea of the contents below and toy in the dome part.

I must say that I minus some points from the round one a tiny bit due to the cover sometimes being very tight and small hands can't open it. My kids sometimes ask me to open such containers they can't. Also, I worry the edges will press into their tender flesh when they try to open it. I mean I can get cut, not them. Lol..

Back