The Ultimate Travel Laundry Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I just finished a new travel soap I’m super excited to use!
IMG_4363.jpeg
IMG_4362.jpeg
IMG_4364.jpeg

I bought these little lipstick holder tubes on Amazon, then took a really hard laundry soap recipe, filled a standard loaf mold 2/3 full, and cut the soap into essentially thick matchsticks that barely fit inside each tube. My experience when you’re traveling for a short enough time that you won’t need to do a full laundry, you don’t need much more soap than this for cleaning off a few things or removing stains. The chalkstick shape and sharp edges also help for more forceful cleaning. And lastly, because it’s a square peg in a round hole, most of the soap surfaces won’t touch the walls of the box, so you can put the soap back in wet, and it won’t dissolve or get stuck inside the box!

What a cool idea! Are you mostly hand-washing a few items, or do you grate up a bit of the soap and add it to a load in a washer?
Handwashing a few items; usually when I travel I’m mostly removing stains so that they don’t set before I can do a real load of laundry. Occasionally I also need to refresh t-shirts and undergarments to last me one or two more days 😅

Latest posts

Back