Stick Blenders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan L-T

Reaction score
Now that I've been "caught up to speed" about using a stick blender (thanks to tips on received on my saddle soap/beeswax posts), would anyone like to share their opinions on the best make of stick blender to get?

A plastic or stainless steel one. I just got whatever they had at Target at the time, making sure it was stainless.

Make sure to get one with a detachable bottom. My first one didn't have this and it was such a pain to clean. The one I have now the bottom just pops off and I can throw it in the sink/dishwasher. I believe mine is a Cuisinart, I of course can't find it. No, I am not joking. I had to get a new fridge and my kitchen is a disaster. It was what Costco had. It was $30 and came with a whisk attachment, chopper bottom, measuring cup, etc. It has a lot more power than my $10 one and the whole bottom is stainless steel. As soon as I find it I will double check the brand. :)

I just got a cheap one from a discount shop, it has worked great, mine is plastic though and I can see where FO have distorted the plastic finish on it in some places.

I don't know if it's the best make out there, but I use a cheapie Hamilton Beach stickblender that I bought at WalMart and it has been working fine for me for 5 years. It's got a removable plastic sheath/bell on it so that it's easy to clean.

IrishLass :)

I'm off to the store(s) to see what stick blenders I can find....keeping in mind a detachable bottom and stainless steel! Thanks.

I managed to get a good deal on a Kitchenaid and I love it. It's powerful so I have to be careful with air bubbles. I tend not to run it continuously and just power it on in spurts until I get to trace.

I have a Cuisinart which I got at BB&B - using my handy 20% off coupons of course, so it was very reasonable.

Back