Soap melting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James72

Reaction score
Living in Arizona I’m worried about soap melting that I ship. It gets well over 100 and even hotter in trucks that move packages.

Thinking I’m should only do this from fall to spring.

To melt my soap for rebatch, it has to reach about 150ºF, and that's with it all shredded up. So I think at worst, your soap may become a little softer in the heat -- which could mean more dings unless it is packaged well. But it should firm up again when it reaches cooler temps.

What
Living in Arizona I’m worried about soap melting that I ship. It gets well over 100 and even hotter in trucks that move packages.

Thinking I’m should only do this from fall to spring.
If you're selling melt and pour, then I'm guessing that might be a concern. I don't think cp or hp should be an issue, but maybe include rigid cardboard and bubble wrap in case it gets a little soft while being shipped under something heavy.

You could always (carefully) test your packaging options by putting a test package in a warmed up, then turned off oven with something heavy on top...

Back