So I made my first mountain soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swaraj

Reaction score
also I tried to do ombre for the sky part. I don't think it turned out well but it got glycerin river which I think looks cool
snow.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-17 at 12.56.50_c5cb3d69.jpg

How did you create the two-toned mountain??? It’s fabulous! You even have glycerin rivers in the white snow that add to the overall artistry of the design. And did you add a gold mica line between the mountain and the sky? Or did the soap do that magic on its own?

How did you create the two-toned mountain??? It’s fabulous! You even have glycerin rivers in the white snow that add to the overall artistry of the design. And did you add a gold mica line between the mountain and the sky? Or did the soap do that magic on its own?
Thank you for your kind words. As a new soap maker, it means a lot to me. for the mountain, I stacked them(black and white batter) on each other but just the middle part. Yes I did use sparkle gold mica on the top of the mountain.
I wish I get glycerin river on all of my batches :(
glycerin river is so beautiful when the soap is wet. will post pics. Yesterday I did another batch which didn't get any glycerin river :( I also tried making clouds.
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-18 at 12.36.51_42f9afca.jpg

Yes! Inquiring minds want to know!!

for the mountain, I stacked them(black and white batter) on each other but just the middle part.
@swaraj , those are really amazing, I can't believe you are new at this!

How are these soaps beginner? I need to go practise making more soap.
Ditto on that! @Zuleika, I'm going to join you in the kitchen for more practice!!

As for the oozing, can you give us details on your colorants and scents? I've had essential oils ooze before -- but over the course of curing, it gets re-absorbed. The first couple time it freaked me out.

Wow, man, incredible work!! Your landscapes are amazing. Thanks for sharing the photos. Congratulations.

The first time I got glycerin rivers, I googled and found this Forum and a whole new world.

These are impressive! Are you sculpting your designs
Thanks, I don't know what sculpting means in soap making, but I work layer by layer. sometime I use multiple color to achieve faded look

As for the oozing, can you give us details on your colorants and scents? I've had essential oils ooze before -- but over the course of curing, it gets re-absorbed. The first couple time it freaked me out.

Wow, man, incredible work!! Your landscapes are amazing. Thanks for sharing the photos. Congratulations.

The first time I got glycerin rivers, I googled and found this Forum and a whole new world.
Thanks for your kind words. I'm facing problem with the MP sun only. I shouldn't have used MP soap base, but I've seen some Youtubers using MP soap embed with CP soap.
I had only used yellow mica color(no FO) in that sun embed.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm facing problem with the MP sun only. I shouldn't have used MP soap base, but I've seen some Youtubers using MP soap embed with CP soap.
I had only used yellow mica color(no FO) in that sun embed.
Wow, that's really weird. So you didn't add any other oils or additives to your M&P base?

Was the mica rated as being appropriate for soap? Sometimes micas that are used for resins or makeup don't play well with soap, although M&P isn't usually a problem.

I'm facing problem with the MP sun only. I shouldn't have used MP soap base, but I've seen some Youtubers using MP soap embed with CP soap.
My first reaction when I saw the oozing moon was Glycerine Rivers. Do you think that’s possible since it’s M&P? I used low sweat m&p and smaller embed columns. Since mp recipes vary in the amount of glycerine used, do you think that could be the problem? Did your colorant have titanium dioxide in it? I ask since TD can cause glycerine rivers, so if you CPOP’d the loaf, maybe it created glycerine rivers?

Back