Silicone Mold Smells like FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relaxnaturals

Reaction score
I used some silicone molds for body butter and the smell is left on the molds from the FO. We tried vinegar, hot water and soap, repeat........ Any ideas of how to clean this or is the quality of the molds? Help Thanks in advance.

Hattie

My experience with silicone molds and fragrance is that although the mold retains the scent of the last soap made, it doesn't transfer.

If I make peppermint soap in a silicone mold, even after washing the mold with hot, soapy water, the mold smells like peppermint.

However, if I next make lavender soap in that same mold, then the mold smells like lavender. And, the lavender soap has no trace of peppermint.

The only time it really bothers me is if I've made licorice soap, as anise EO makes me gag (it's a popular soap for me, though, so I just hold my nose and go). I try to make another soap quickly in that mold to get ride of the lingering anise smell.

Anita

I use silicine molds for all my soap and even though you can smell it in the mold it doesn't transfer to your soap. I have a few pretty strong ones but can make anything after it and you can't smell it in the new soaps.

Latest posts

Back