New and need some help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gshuler

Reaction score
I used fiber reactive dye in my first batch of soap. It turned out really well except I am wondering if it’s OK to use it on my face it does not stain the skin or irritate. I have several people testing it. The color is gorgeous, but we’re all afraid to wash our faces! Anyone ever tried it?

According to the Dharma Trading Company website:

"Fiber Reactive dyes are considered relatively non-toxic, but, as when using any dye or chemical, use common sense. It is a fine powder and repeated inhalation of the dye powder can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Therefore, avoid continued breathing in of the dust by wearing a dust mask and providing proper ventilation. Some colors contain faint traces of Formaldehyde and/or copper which in California requires a special warning label. Although the dyes are not absorbed through the skin, you should wear rubber gloves. Dye stains on your skin can be removed easily with Reduran hand cream which we sell. Keep out of your eyes. Do not eat the dye."

and also "Fiber Reactive dyes do not require any special disposal. You can safely pour them down the drain."

I edited the title of the thread. Just wanted you to know.

Latest posts

Back