Manta swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelilyboutique

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393810535.715650.jpg
Scented with cucumber melon FO

Thank you I made sure to use a slow tracing recipe since it was my first time ever doing the mantra swirl. It went very smoothly. Love the outcome.

Ohhh thats so pretty! You really nailed it!
I just ordered cucumber melon FO, I hope I like it - theres so many to choose from.

Ohhh thats so pretty! You really nailed it!
I just ordered cucumber melon FO, I hope I like it - theres so many to choose from.

I got mine from rustic essentuals and I loved it. Thanks it was the first time on that swirl so I'm proud of it just hope I can do it again. Lol

Light trace is the key. I did my first mantra swirl and brought it to medium trace, which made my swirls gloppy. Did it again with lighter trace and am as happy with mine as you are with yours. I did activated charcoal/mango Labcolor/white swirl with Shave and a Haircut scent. I love your colors and can imagine it with the cucumber melon scent. Very pretty (almost don't want to part with them, right?)

Gorgeous! I love the soap! Fantastic job!

From where do you get so much patience?

Yes light trace is a must have when doing this swirl. I'm in love with the swirls so much I had to test my luck. Lol ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393991486.203287.jpg
This was is scented with kumquat although my yellow didn't turn out as yellow as I wanted.

I read a tutorial from soap queen on the mantra swirl. Then after it hardened and ready to cut I cut in at 2 inches, then turned over and cut in half so that the feathering of the swirl can show it's gorgeous self. It's simple cause I was able to master it my first 2 times. Lol I used a wood mold I made it's about 14 inches long. I haven't tried it on a smaller mold yet.

Wow. Very beautiful and very inspiring. So inspiring that yesterday I tried to make something that looks similar. I'm going to cut it tonight to see how it looks!

Well I am super excited to see the cut pictures of what I inspired you to do. It's awesome feeling to know you sparked someone's creativity with my creation. Make sure you send me your pic to make sure I see it. I'm sure it will be amazing. :)

Back