Lotion bar size

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am trying to make some lotion bars for winter ... I'm a tropical girl and the cold weather does not agree with me! This will be my first time doing this, so I was wondering how much you make at a time and how they keep. Also, what size is each bar you make? What's the best mould? Would you say that it is best to keep it unscented?

Lots of questions ;) Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi @Chaiat5 - fun times ahead with Lotion Bars! I make them in either guest size soap molds like these or I like to make little ones and put 4 in a tin using hearts like the hearts in this set.
I make small batches, usually 3oz of each 1/3 - butter, oil, wax, but it’s easy to size up or down. 🌸

OMG!!! I have those bee moulds... they are SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to get started now!!! Thank you! I now need to exercise some restraint. I have a tendency to go all in LOL.

I like to put mine in mini deodorant containers (sometimes listed as large lip balm containers). They are typically the .35 oz size, and have a cap and twist up and down as needed to apply. This allows easy transport in a purse or backpack, plus clean application only it where it is needed, while keeping the product off fingertips and palms. No more greasy fingerprints on my computer keyboard. :)

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 8.23.59 AM.png

I like to put mine in mini deodorant containers (sometimes listed as large lip balm containers). They are typically the .35 oz size, and have a cap and twist up and down as needed to apply. This allows easy transport in a purse or backpack, plus clean application only it where it is needed, while keeping the product off fingertips and palms. No more greasy fingerprints on my computer keyboard. :)

I love this idea! So handy!

Another day, another rabbit hole...

Latest posts

Back