Losing favor??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiesoap

Reaction score
It's been recently suggested to me (a cp soap maker for a very long time) that traditional bars of soap are no longer desirable and people now prefer liquid soap in bottles. I sell on a very limited basis but have noticed that sales are somewhat down and have thought it was just the current economy. Beginning to wonder now if there's a new trend and if bars of soap are actually going out of fashion. This would really upset me if true. Any thoughts on this??

Bar soap has been "out of fashion" for a long time now. Nobody in my family uses bar soap, besides myself and my two little ones (they don't really have a choice, lol). I've also noticed that the few people I know who actually use bar soap are generally men and they don't care what's in the soap, they just buy the good smelling junk at Wal-mart.
But I've also noticed a lot more people out there selling. As many as five sellers in our one very small fair.

Very few people follow what is in 'fashion.' 6 inch zebra style pumps are in fashion, but far more pairs of ballet flats will be sold. Think about it.

Tabitha said:
Very few people follow what is in 'fashion.' 6 inch zebra style pumps are in fashion, but far more pairs of ballet flats will be sold. Think about it.

oh my, tabitha, i just checked out Medusa's Apothecary -- that is one fabulously creative line of products, and i LOVE the sepia tones.

Latest posts

Back