loofa... in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
has any one tried this??? Im intrigued...

il_fullxfull.328716450.jpg

This is insanely cool! It reminds me of how an orange looks when you slice it open. THIS is defiantly what Im doing next. (when my husband comes home from training hes probably going to freak out, ive made like 30 pounds of soap in the last month... hehe opps...)

Mandarin do you have any pics of the soap with a clear base. how do you get it clear with cold process?:shock:

it's super easy with a clear - or colored - melt and pour base. with cp it's a little trickier, you have to pour at a really light trace. if you're making it in a column mold make sure you shake it around, gently bang, shake, bang, right after you've poured it to make sure you get the batter into all the crevices.

I made these for awhile and loved them. They work great cleaning my son's very dirty bare feet. But I stopped making them when WalMart stopped carrying the loofahs without the rope attached. If anyone knows where I can buy loofahs, I would add them to my line in a heartbeat. I've looked online and haven't had much luck. I miss my loofah soaps.

I've been thinking of doing this with CP but in individual moulds so I don't have to worry about cutting... ;)

That would be so much easier :) I have been looking at single cavity round moulds, purely because they are such a pain in the you know what to slice :D Last time I got a blister!!!

You'd have to wait until late fall to harvest, but you can grow these! They're in the gourd family and are vigorous growers. Put them on a trellis or fence and you'll have oodles of them. I always thought they were treasures from the sea, and was amazed to find they are not. I've got a whole bunch of seeds and a homemade trellis planned for them in the spring :) planted them way too late last year and didn't get any i could use, but i can't wait to try again!

I made these for awhile and loved them. They work great cleaning my son's very dirty bare feet. But I stopped making them when WalMart stopped carrying the loofahs without the rope attached. If anyone knows where I can buy loofahs, I would add them to my line in a heartbeat. I've looked online and haven't had much luck. I miss my loofah soaps.

BB sells loofah: http://www.brambleberry.com/Loofah-Sponge-P4432.aspx

I just ordered 40 loofah seeds to try and grow my own. I live in a zone 8 in a temperate climate - it goes up to the 30's (Celsius) in August... and no frost until usually January...

Sandy, I found some a Big Lots. I don't know where you are or if they have BL in your city. Anyway, they were $1 for 6 inch long ones.

Latest posts

Back