Lavender & Sandalwood Blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fotosintesis

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm beginning my journey in candle making and I was trying to replicate some of the blends my mother-in-law likes.
She told me it's lavender and sandalwood, so I was trying different proportions of 2 fragance oils I had (lavender and sandalwood + amber).

I started just mixing 50% of each of them but it seems like too much lavender, so I continued 'diluting' the lavender with sandalwood + amber until 25%:75%.
It doesn't smell that much like lavender anymore but still I don't like the blend.

Does anyone have experience with this blend? Should I add another FO, like patchouli?
I feel lavender is too much even at 20%...

Thanks everyone :D

If you are using Lavender FO then they vary a lot and picking a more/less floral lavender might help. I would probably start searching suppliers for lavender and sandalwood to see what blends they have. First, it might help you with what other notes they are using in the blend and second you might find a blend idea to just purchase rather than make.

I like to use OT Mysore Sandalwood but I think sandalwood is a subtle note in a blend even in higher %. I do make a blend of Lavender FO (Moonworks Lavender & Sage) with the OT Mysore Sandalwood and Patchouli EO that I really like. I blend the three about equally. It comes across as a light earthy scent with a little hippy vibe. I only make soaps so don't know if this idea would work for you in candles.

Latest posts

Back