Is this beeswax ok to used, is it supposed to look like this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelvsoaps

Reaction score
Hi, I bought my first batch of beeswax. I have never seen beeswax before. I bought it to see if it makes the soap last longer in the shower (2% of the total lipids weight). And excuse my legit ignorance but being a first time for me, I was expecting a unicolour and beautiful block of material. I come from a rural family so I know things are not actually uniformely pretty in nature, but I want to make sure if this an ok block of beeswax.

Thank you in advance.
tempimagezvxvgn-jpg.78999

Attachments

• tempImagezvxvgN.jpg
    tempImagezvxvgN.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Agreed, it looks just like the unrefined beeswax that I sometimes get from a local beekeeper friend.

I'd melt it and strain it, and then pour the still-melted wax into ice cube trays or other small molds to harden up. This will avoid the need to do as much grating or chopping when you want to remelt smaller amounts for use in your soap.

tempImageJNRYLJ.jpg

Sorted! Thank you.

I like how it smells like tea.

I simply melted it and sieved it with a plastic 400 MESH sieve that I use for lye. Couldn't find a clean and new cloth around but also couldn't be bothered with the floppiness and messiness of working with cloth either, specially if handling a almost 100 degrees celsius LIQUID WAX.

Last edited:
Sorted! Thank you.

I like how it smells like tea.

I simply melted it and sieved it with a plastic 400 MESH sieve that I use for lye. Couldn't find a clean and new cloth around but also couldn't be bothered with the floppiness and messiness of working with cloth either, specially if handling a almost 100 degrees celsius LIQUID WAX.
Looks lovely!

Latest posts

Back