Facial bar/Hyaluronic Acid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceiya The Poet

Reaction score
Hyalogic and Body Restore make a soap with hyaluronic acid. I too want to create a specialty facial bar soap with homemade strawberry glyceride and hyaluronic acid serum. Well, the soap curdled. Ugh... I am thinking to rebatch it but, if I do that, I am certain that all the HA will be cooked out. So, yes, I wasted a few dollars as I purchased an 8oz bottle of HA serum from Brambleberry. I used 3 oz. of the serum and reduced the water to accommodate. I hate that I wasted the HA serum. I'll get over it and, at some point, rebatch it. Here is a picture of my funky soap. I poured it 2 days ago. I can stick my finger right through the middle of the bars...

Attachments

• 20240423_151412.jpg
    20240423_151412.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Hyalogic and Body Restore make a soap with hyaluronic acid. I too want to create a specialty facial bar soap with homemade strawberry glyceride and hyaluronic acid serum. Well, the soap curdled. Ugh... I am thinking to rebatch it but, if I do that, I am certain that all the HA will be cooked out. So, yes, I wasted a few dollars as I purchased an 8oz bottle of HA serum from Brambleberry. I used 3 oz. of the serum and reduced the water to accommodate. I hate that I wasted the HA serum. I'll get over it and, at some point, rebatch it. Here is a picture of my funky soap. I poured it 2 days ago. I can stick my finger right through the middle of the bars...
HA is best for leave on products. It’s not worth putting in soap.

Oh woww. Say more about syndet cleanser. I am new to soap making and have never heard of it. My knowledge base is general. So, I'd love to hear more.

Actually, it looks like an MP/glycerin soap base to which they added HLA. I guess that's a good way to do it if you're not adding much since it won't be destroyed by the lye. I agree with everyone thinks that it's a waste/pointless to put it in a wash-off product, though. Makes much more sense to put it in a cream or serum.

Here's the soap: https://www.amazon.com/Hyaluronic-Hydrating-Hyalogic-Fragrance-Non-Irritating/dp/B01HIY3SPO?th=1

The ingredient list: "Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Elaeis Guineensis Oil (Palm Oil) (From RPSO Sustainable Source), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan Oleate, Avena Sativa Protein Extract (Oat Protein), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid)."

Yes, the ingredients look like MP, plus no surfactants like you’d expect with syndets. It’s kind of crazy what people will do for label appeal with wash off products. Although not so much, I guess, if people will pay for them, that bar costs $10.00. I assume based on the notion that the HLA will have an effect.

Sorry, I missed your prior post about that till just now. Two good sites for researching non-soap cleansers are Humblebee&Me.com, and SwiftCraftyMonkey.blog/blog.

See you in a month after you emerge from that deep, deep hole you are about to go down. ;)

Last edited:
Back