Help with ZNSC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hellooo everyone…

So, I have tried but not cracked Zany’s No Slime Castile soap and it is really bugging me. In terms of appearance, they were pretty nice — nothing squishy or runny and firm as well.

BUT: The first batch soaps were just not sudsy at all. I know not to expect lots of bubbles from pure olive soaps, but these barely gave out even a creamy lather.

The second batch was surprisingly a little bubbly, so a little more pleasant to use. Unfortunately, there is a hint of slime. 😩 It goes away the more I lather, but it is unmistakably there when I start using the soap. Both soaps were made from pomace and cured for 2 months or so.

I followed the recipe to a T… but I must be doing something wrongly? Are there any … variables? Any advice will be much appreciated.

I'm interested. People who tried the recipe say there's no slime and the lather is good, I'm curious if there may be variables and if it still resembles regular OO soap in some cases.

I don't think using pomace would make a difference, their supposed FA profile is almost identical. Let's see what the others have to say

I don't make the Castile version, either. My Bastille version is 80% OO and 20% CO, PKO or blend thereof, with sorbitol and goat milk powder. While it's not my favorite soap, I find it decent - which is saying a lot, since normally I detest high OO soaps.

If I were going to make the Castile version, I'd either use dual lye or some form of sugar (white sugar, sorbitol, milk powder, etc.) to increase the bubbles. I never use pomace so am not sure if it affects the feel of it.

Thank you so much, guys! I think I am retiring my Castile efforts until I gain more experience 🤣

So I’ve taken your tips
@Servant4Christ and @AliOop 😊 and made Bastile soap instead with castor oil, CO and PKO. Felt adventurous and added sugar too!

I used EVOO (couldn’t get regular OO) and boy, WHAT a change! I had only used pomace before and the overly quick trace was a right pain. I may never go back 🤣

Latest posts

Back